Let the journey be shaped by the curiousity of the child…
This weekend I have been experimenting with a couple of different ways to bake grainfree brownies. Fun for the boys because they got to taste them. The recipe I am posting here was the winner. It is fairly easy to make. It takes about 15 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to bake.
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/2 t baking soda
3 t coconut oil
2 cans black beans, well rinsed
1 cup brown sugar / honey / maple syrup / agave
pinch of salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chuncks to add in your brownie mix
1/2 cup dark chocolate chuncks to add on top
1/2 cup of walnuts if you like to add in your brownie mix and leave half to add on top
1. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
2. Prepare a baking pan with parchment paper.
3. Rinse the canned beans and put them in a blender to smush them.
You don’t want chuncks of black beans in your brownie mix.
4. Mix all the ingredients together, except for the chocolate and the walnuts, you can do this in the blender you used for the beans or you can use a mixer.
5. Add the chocolate and walnuts to your mixture and stir it through your mixture. If you want walnuts on top, don’t add all your walnuts to the mixture.
6. Pour the mixture in your baking pan. And add the chocolate and walnuts on top.
7. Bake for 30 minutes until the middle has set.
8. Cool completely before cutting!