Let the journey be shaped by the curiousity of the child…
Our latest bread is actually an easy bread where we use a glutenfree bread mix*. After Microman was born, my friends brought us food and one of my friends brought us this white bread and it tasted so good. We all were sad when we finished it. Only one thing to do. Ask for the recipe and bake it.
1/3 cup (50 gram) of oil, I use olive oil
340 ml warm water
2 teaspoons (7 gram) dried yeast
3 1/2 cups (600 gram) Pamela’s gluten free bread mix
1. First add the 2 eggs, the oil and the water into the bowl of a stand mixer to make 2 cups total liquid. Then add the gluten free bread mix and yeast.
2. With a dough hook, mix on speed 1 for 1 minute, until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Increase speed to 2 and continue to mix/knead for 4 to 5 more minutes. This is a sticky, wet dough – don’t be tempted to add more flour!
4. Scrape and pour dough into a greased and/or floured bread tin. Leave to rise for 1 hour. I let mine rise in the microwave (not turned on) with a cup of hot water. This provides temperature and steam to help with rising. Depending on the temperature and your yeast, you may need more or less time.
4. Pop the dough in the oven (pre-heated to 180°C/350°F) and bake for 60 minutes (or until golden brown).
5. Remove from the pan and allow to cool on a wire rack before slicing. I always fold my bread in a tea towel so it can cool evenly and the crust won’t get hard.
The bread tasted so good! Next thing on my list will be to make a glutenfree bread mix myself.
*Ingredients Pamela’s Glutenfree Bread Mix: Sorghum Flour, Tapioca Flour, White Rice Flour, Sweet Rice Flour, Brown Rice Flour, Evaporated Cane Sugar, Inulin, Millet Flour, Molasses & Honey, Rice Bran, Sea Salt, Xanthan Gum,